An end user turned to Pfannenberg for assistance with managing their enclosure temperatures in a particularly harsh environment. The company produces high-quality construction and installation materials from wood fiber.
The customer current system was facing system failures and downtime due to severe soiling from wood dust and rust particles from diesel-powered fork lift trucks and heavy equipment. The current thermal management solution used conventional point-of-entry filters and top-mounted filterfans. The current cabinet system had to be completely changed as it needed to be reliable despite severe air contamination from wood dust and exhaust gas, plus provide energy savings and service friendliness.
The Pfannenberg Solution
As a first step, all the switch cabinets were wet cleaned, both inside and outside. To rule out any repeat soiling, the top-mounted fan combination was replaced by partially recessed cooling units: DTI 6301 Model.
Special features of the cooling units are:
- Uniquely high energy-efficiency rating (EER)
- Significant energy savings/operating costs reduction
- Condenser with wide fin spacing for highly effective protection against contaminated ambient air
- Large distance between intake and exhaust vents (to eliminate hot spots)
- Perfect ease of servicing
- New service interface for easy retrieval of parameter settings/history (Pfannenberg Plant software necessary)
- Optional filter can be retrofitted in a few seconds
- Energy-savings mode in the Multi Controller integrated as standard
Use of the new DTI 6301 cooling units led to reliable system operation and to the highest possible amount of machine up time. The environmental and cost balance sheets demonstrated considerable reductions with regards to energy costs and CO2 emissions, as well as reduced service requirements and repair times.
Have a question regarding which equipment is best for your application? Contact our engineering team for more information!
Pfannenberg, Inc. is a global manufacturer of Thermal Management, Liquid Cooling Solutions and Signaling Technologies.
Pfannenberg is proud to provide solutions as a single source to its customers. Our business philosophy – Protection for man, machine and the environment.